Nails, one of the most lovely parts of our body. We do not always ignore them, but sometimes our work and our lives today lose some of our nails, making them look bad. Unfortunately, sometimes they are not well cared for, resulting in broken, yellowed or damaged nails. So let’s see together some simple but useful nails that will improve the health of your nails.
Tips to Protect Your Nails
- Do not bite them: They are not a piece of cake. So please do not bite your nails. Do not rub them together because it makes them prone to breakage.
- Protect them when you work: Wear gloves when you work with any chemicals (even when they are mild). Your nails are very delicate and they tend to be damaged very easily. Latex gloves are recommended.
- Be careful when wet: Wet nails are easy to break easily. So when you have washed your hands or done some water-related work please wait until dry before you start on your next job.
- They feel cold: When it’s cold, put your glove up when you go out because the nails tend to feel cold and chills.
- They were tanned: Not shocked. Your nails do not get tanned. So it is also advisable for you to keep them covered when you go out on the summer days. This will prevent your nails from becoming yellowish.
- Massage: Like the rest of the body, they also need a massage. But remember to massage the special cuticles as they help the blood flow to the nails and this will keep them healthy for long periods of time.
- Moisturizing: After washing your hands, make it a point to moisturize your nails. It prevents them from drying out. It is best to keep them moist before going to bed at night, especially if you are a household chores person.
- Filling: Try to apply a nail rather than cut it. A filer will also help you make good edges. Also, put your nails in one direction, do not do and move with your filer or rub it on your nails.
- Protein: Protein is not only important for your hair but also for your healthy nails. Of course, vegetarians have more protein than non-vegetarians. But a non-vegetarian can also include more protein through foods like nuts, eggs, quinoa or beans in your diet.
- Zinc: Zinc deficiency leads to weak and slow nail growth. Include lots and lots of green leafy vegetables to fight the zinc deficiency in your diet.
- It’s not a tool: Ladies, you tend to forget that it’s your nails, not pocket knives. Stop processing them as a tool please.
- Hydrate yourself: Drink at least 4 liters of water daily. In addition to skin and health benefits, water also nourishes and benefits your nails.
- Manicure: They may look like simple nail polish but harden the nail to control wear and tear by adding keratin to the nail. They give a nail polish look. But it is important for people with brittle nails to avoid applying nail polish.
- Allow them to breathe: If you have the habit of always keeping nails or your profession asking for such, make sure you leave them breathing at least one day a week. By allowing them to breathe, we mean removing your nail polish every now and then. And let your nails breathe at least overnight.
You can let your nails breathe by removing nail polish with any nail tool you choose and leave them untouched for a day or two.
- Manicure and Pedicure: Manicuring and pedicuring are equally important for your nails as mentioned above. Like going to haircuts regularly, skincare routine and body check most often. Let us read more about it.
What is Manicure and Pedicure?
This is the basic finger and toe care routine. It includes a variety of methods such as profile making, shaping, cutting, nail lifting with a leather push, hand massage and finally using fresh nail polish. Manicure is doing all over your nails while the pedicure is doing the same with your toe nails.
We all know how important manicure and pedicure is for our nails. But sometimes it becomes difficult to spend time with them. So, this is a method of saving time nail care at home without much effort or time.
- a) Manicure for nails at home
First thing, if your nails are painted, remove it. Then pack or cut your nails to your desired shape or length. Cook your nails as well as create a smooth surface and make nails look more beautiful.
How to buff you nails?
After you have completed the buffering, it is time to push back your nails. Apply some humectants to soften the epidermis and then push them back with a stick. Make sure you are very gentle as they are very subtle. Now is the time to scrub your hands, ie remove dead cells. Gently rub your hands with soap and the area around your nails with an infant brush to exfoliate them. Wash your hands and dry completely before the next step. Apply some humectants. Give a little massage to your hands. Now apply the original paint layer of the nail polish. You can use white nail polish for this purpose. Now apply the first layer of nail polish. To dry. After about half an hour apply the second layer. Then let dry. And, you’re done!
Tip 1: Remember to set your nails in a specific direction and not to go through.
Tip 2: The best way to dry your nail polish is to immerse them in cold icy water.
- b) Pedicure for Nails at home
Hot tub. A bathtub is recommended for pedicure as it will give you enough surface to your feet to get the proper dip. Keep water at a moderate level. [Remembering water at very high temperatures can damage your skin. Put a few drops of shampoo into it. Soak for 5 to 10 minutes. This time is really important as it will soften the skin and will help you remove dead cells and dirt from the skin. Also, you will notice that the shampoo did it magically and cleanse your skin.
So you do not need to do a lot of getting rid of dirt on your skin. Then smooth the area around the nail with a soft brush to remove dead cells and dirt (if any). If you happen to have a cracked heel. Then, first clean up your heels. Then, gently rub the dead cells. Apply undiluted glycerin to the cracked part. Wear socks. You’ve done pretty well.
If you want to use fresh nail polish on your toenails, remove the nail polish before dipping your feet into the water. After you have removed the dead cells, then apply nail polish and let dry.
Remember you can not use glycerin and nail polish simultaneously.
Tip 1: To make your nails become more vibrant, apply a layer of white nail polish before applying nail polish.
Tip 2: Wash your legs and go to bed to make sure you sleep well!
This is the easiest way to do manicure and foot care at home.
That could be all from us about nails. Stay with us for more interesting posts!