Great customer service along with excelling at your craft is a definite must have in keeping your customers happy, but don’t forget etiquette. Portraying proper Salon Etiquette shows your professionalism and appreciation of your customer’s business. There’s nothing more frustrating to a customer than receiving service from a specialist who does not respect their time and does not use good etiquette. Here are a few easy and simple practices that you can implement in your salon and spa.
- Dress professionally – Stay away from shorts
- Keep your work station clean & neat – sanitize your station and wipe away dust and excess particles
- Limit the use of your cell phone when with a client
- Be on time – try not to overbook, customers do not like to wait
- Don’t ever let your customer feel like they are being rushed even if you are in a hurry.
- Keep your conversations professional – absolutely no gossiping – especially about other customers
- These are some great tips that will help you to retain and increase your clientele. Implementing these simple practices will make your customers feel like they are priority #1 in your presence.